I am not sure if I should put down a list of things which I did the last year (like the way most of the people do around this time of the year). Actually there isn't much to brag about... except of course marrying him. It's been nice to have somebody to fight with at home. :-D
I have been nice and working hard whole of the last year. I worked in the odd hours, on weekends.... even on the holidays. When I look back, I see that in this year I have re-invented myself. There was a point when I started hating my work, team, office... in short, everything about work. But last year was wonderful. I got the new zeal to work, to work harder, to learn new things and in general do better. I must be sounding little weird talking about only work here. So I will cut it short. My advice - If you don't feel like going to office and work, it's high time you change your job and the city (if possible). It works.
All that said, I think I should get down to decide on my "To Do" list for this year. It's interesting to think about one.
- It's been more than year since I moved to Bangalore, and I have not seen much places around here. (I am not talking about Forum and MG Road). I am planning to go on short treks, visit nearby waterfalls and do a lot of road trips to the nearby places.
- I do read, but I think I can do better.
- Setup my house. Right now it is a mess. It almost looks like two bachelors are staying together. I am damn lazy, but I think it's high time I work on this.
- Learn some Himachali cooking. :-P
- Buy a tiny golden fish and setup a small aquarium. Awwweeeee, it will be so much fun.
- Plan my finances for the entire year.
- Work on the credit card expenses. Impulsive buys kill me. I need a better control.
- Work on soft-skills. Do a lot of paintings (and gift them... LOL)
- Learn some language. I think it's going to be Kannada for this year.
- It's been a while since I have been planning to visit another country. I am going to plan and save for the tour.
Yay! As you can see, travel is in the focus for the next year. I will need more money for that, so I will have to work hard. The new mantra is
Work hard, travel harder.