Friday, August 15, 2008

Shipping to India

Shopping for Pari ends up leaving me exasperated and exhausted.

Not because of number of things I had to buy, but because I wanted to buy the right things. Here in Bangalore, I am finding it really difficult to get good baby products. Most of the things in small shops are run-of-the-mill with low or mediocre quality and things in big shops are way too expensive with very little or no variety to choose from. So most of the times we end up buying very very expensive stuff, since there is no other choice.

It's not necessary that all the products of well known (thus expensive) brands are good. So just going by brand value doesn't really help. It's more about the usability and how well baby accepts it. So far I found that other parents' reviews are very useful.

I spent some time checking reviews in Amazon and decided on couple of products. To my surprise, in spite of being innovative and useful, these product are not expensive. But the problem is, none of them are available in India so I tried to order them from Amazon.

Guess what? They are not delivering in India. I got this message,

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. (See geographical restrictions.) ***

:-(

These are not bulky things, neither electronics items. I wonder why they are not shipping those to India. When I tried to find more information regarding their "geographical constraints", I found that they are delivering to all over US, including prisons (yes, they have mentioned about it too), but not to India.

I am annoyed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Strange, Tiger. Amazon has been kind with me in this respect.

/harsha

MPforest said...

Explore the untamed beauty of Panna National Park through thrilling safaris. Witness Bengal tigers, leopards, and a diverse array of wildlife in their natural habitat. Book your Panna Forest Safari now for an unforgettable wildlife adventure in Madhya Pradesh, India.