Thursday, June 09, 2005

Nail painting

Painting nails requires a lot of patience.... And drying them takes forever.

Painting nails is an art. I don't mean drawing things or doing some weird stuff here.... just plain painting the nails. One needs to find the right color, the brush should be even and the paint should be smooth. You have to take care to delicately move brush in a single direction and utmost care should be taken so that no lumps are formed. Number of Coats are equally important. You have to keep count of them, or else each nail will end up looking different shade. So after this tedious process is done, you might think that is the end of it all. But it's not. Drying IMNSHO is a more painful process.

I get annoyed when I get scratches on the newly painted nails. I hate it when they lose luster. Once done you can't repair it. It never goes off and It looks horrible whenever you look at it.... until you paint your nails again. When you have badly painted nails, the whole world stares at them. I find it very embarrassing.

I rarely get enough time to paint my nails, but I love doing it nevertheless. So it is mostly done before going to bed. I carefully paint them one by one and then sit on the chair without letting anything touch the nails. I try to wave my hands and feet so that it would dry faster. It's hard not to let anything touch them for long enough. Sometimes I end up spoiling both the hands accidently. LOL.

Yawn! Within a few minutes I get bored of sitting there flapping my hands and decide to sleep instead. So I try to sleep straight with my hands carefully tucked on the both sides and toes popping out of the bed cover. Sweet!!! Next thing in the morning, I find these couple of scratches laughing wickedly to me. Argh! I can't even do anything about them then. I have to go through this mental trauma of avoiding looking at those nails and trying to concentrate on, well, "killing" sessions and "dropping" tables. It's hard to do anything "meaningful" (read destructive), while you have those atrocious scratches on your nails. One feels so "helpless".

The day crawls slowly and then I finally manage to get rid of those scratches before going to bed. Now whatever I do, I just don't get the same shade on those nails as rest of them. What the heck! I am giving up on all this. I am going to keep them all different shades... unless they have any scratches on them.

6 comments:

neurohavoc said...

you can mail me my consultation fee for this.

V said...

mmn, considering the number of guys who get distracted by my nails, it is very very important to paint them properly. :-P

neurohavoc said...

/me envisions throng of followers tailing v whispering, pointing at the badly painted nails, wondering at the significance of the tragedy, contemplating suicide. yes, u do have to paint them properly. right away...

Anonymous said...

I remember how people used to get distracted by your nails, they come to you explaining a serious issue on some instance and soon they forget what the problem was.LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Lol..Rajeshwari, you could have tried that to get rid of the troublesome users.

V said...

I bought this

http://www.cosmetictimes.com/
discount-cosmetics-perfume-detail.asp?
id=03415084302.html#

And it rocks!