Wednesday, March 03, 2004

March Blues

Month of March always happens to be an eye-opener for me. It starts with a jolt when I get salary on 1st. It never fails to amuse me the way they deduct taxes. How am I supposed to survive for one whole month? I religiously check my bank statement, to find out the account balance. To my horror, it always shows lesser and lesser. Then I get my income tax sheet, which gives the final kick. I discover that this is not end of it after all. The history is going to be repeated in the next month.

This questions the initial decision of mine to work here, away from home. At the end of the year, I always discover that I am either paying bills of credit cards or paying tax. There is hardly any component present in the account statement, which can make me feel proud about myself.

My friend (?) suggested me to ‘stop shopping and start keeping accounts’. Hmmm... I really need to do something about this.

I think I should marry an accountant. :-)