Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Risk Management

Just finished my Risk management class, which has left me all exhausted. Next time when I get this urge of enrolling for any management training, I should remind myself about this.

I am not saying that it was a bad training. It's just that I was feeling out-of-place all the time. Mainly because, most of the other people were PMs or preparing for PMP (or something like that). I was being bombarded by all sorts of management jargons all the times..... completely wrong place for a DBA to be in.

Luckily, I survived three whole days and managed to learn a thing or two about the "risks" too. The instructor was fun and he managed to keep the whole class "interested" all the time with his puns (and questions.... oh boy, it's hard to sleep in the class, when somebody keeps asking pointed questions). One remarkable thing was that I could understand probability (finally) due to this class (alright, I can only do a dice stuff for now).

:-)

I wrote down certain jargons (e.g. scattered diagrams, extreme programming, Monte Carlo method.... there are lots) , and I am going to read about them soon (purely because I fancied them so much).

No comments: